UPDATE FROM APRIL 9, 2020
CARONA VIRUS AND DRINKING WATER
There is no higher priority for EPA than protecting the health and safety of Americans. EPA is providing this important information about COVID-19 as it relates to drinking water and wastewater to provide clarity to the public. The COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking-water supplies. Based on current evidence, the risk to water supplies is low. Americans can continue to use and drink water from their tap as usual. EPA also encourages the public to help keep household plumbing and our nation’s water infrastructure operating properly by only flushing toilet paper. Disinfecting wipes and other items should be disposed of in the trash, not the toilet.
UPDATE FROM MARCH 25, 2020
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY – UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: THE DISTRICT OFFICE IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
Essential face-to-face transactions or discussions will be done by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please call Customer Service at 707-839-3251 Option #1
CHANGE IN PAYMENT PROCEESSING PROCEDURES DUE TO COVID-19
- CASH PAYMENTS- Please understand that we will not able to make change. Any over-payment will be applied as a credit toward your next bill. Put your cash payment and remittance portion of the bill in the return envelope provided with your bill. Be sure to seal the envelope and deposit it into the drop boxes at 1656 Sutter Road. Drop boxes are located at the front door and in the parking lot, and are emptied at least twice per day. If you do not have the remittance portion of your bill, please be sure to write your name, service address, phone number, customer number and the amount you have paid on the exterior of your envelope.
- CHECK PAYMENTS- Send your check with the remittance portion of your bill in the return envelope provided to P.O. Box 2037 McKinleyville, CA 95519-2037 or place it in our drop boxes at 1656 Sutter Road. Drop boxes are located at the front door and in the parking lot, and emptied at least twice per day.
- CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS- You can register your account at our website, www.mckinleyvillecsd.com. At the “Pay Your Utility Bill” link, use your customer number from your bill, then process a payment. You may also set up for an EBill and/or authorize automatic payments. During the time that the “Shelter In Place” order is in effect, we will be accepting payments over the phone during normal business hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Once the “Shelter in Place” order has been rescinded, we will discontinue the practice of accepting phone payments. Please call us at 707-839-3251 Option #1 to process a payment.
UPDATE FROM MARCH 19-20, 2020
Due to Humboldt County's Shelter in Place Order, MCSD is open for ESSENTIAL BUSINESS ONLY.
UPDATE FROM MARCH 18, 2020
In collaboration with state and federal recommendations that support efforts to prevent or slow the spread of COVID-19, McKinleyville Community Services District will have limited access to the public as of today, March 18.
To continue to serve the public during this unprecedented time, MCSD has made the following adjustments:We will continue to accept water and sewer payments during this time.
- MCSD customers have the option to pay water and sewer bills online or by phone by calling MCSD at 707-839-3251. Credit and Debit cards will be accepted. Phone payment customers may request a receipt at the time of their transaction.
- For those who require cash or check transactions, drop boxes are located in the MCSD parking lot and near the entrance of the District Office. Customers wishing to receive a receipt must note this with their payments.
- Requests for starting and stopping service can be done by phone (707-839-3251) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please call the office (707-839-3251) for all other inquiries instead of visiting in person at this time. All community members are highly encouraged to follow the social distancing guidelines issued by California State Health and Emergency Officials.